|Meeting with SGA Reps in New Collaboration Space|
- Walked the building to speak to students and staff as the school day got started.
- Visited several classrooms to observe instruction and assist as needed (Mrs. Wright, Mrs. Mitchell, Mrs. Lankford, Ms. Wood, and Mrs. Cassell).
- Met with Mrs. Minter, principal, and Mrs. Sandy Strayer, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning, to review data and discuss progress toward meeting established goals.
- Reviewed student writing throughout the building with QR codes that linked to a recording of students reading their work!
- Met with a parent to obtain feedback related to the school.
- Joined the first grade at the YMCA to watch them participate in their swimming lesson (What a great partnership we have with the YMCA!).
Overall, it was a great day at Mt. Olivet! I was impressed with the students' writing K-5. I was also impressed with the powerful instructional strategies I saw during the day (focus on writing, nonfiction reading, and differentiation). I was also impressed with the positive attitudes observed throughout the day and the opportunities provided to develop student leadership. I look forward to future visits to #MOETown!
|Hanging out with first grade at the YMCA after their swimming lesson|