|Student sharing his work with Dr. Cotton|
- Talked with parents and students as they arrived for school that morning.
- Observed a first grade teacher who was successfully implementing Daily 5 in her classroom.
- Met with Mrs. Fulcher, principal, to discuss school initiatives and data related to student progress.
- Visited several classrooms with Mrs. Fulcher and Mr. Bullins to observe instruction.
- Ate lunch in the cafeteria with a "lively" group of second graders. Among other things, we discussed what they like about their school as well as their plans for Halloween costumes. On a side note, we had a lot of super heroes at our table (e.g. Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman)!
- Participated in professional development with primary teachers, the reading specialist, the instructional coach, principal, and an educational consultant to continue to focus on Daily 5 implementation at Campbell Court Elementary.
- Participated in an engaging discussion on Daily 5 with primary teachers after school. Based on feedback from the educational consultant and my observations, Campbell Court teachers are making great strides in implementing the Daily 5 program effectively. Certainly, this is going to have a significant impact on student reading over time.
Overall, it was a great day. I have to say that I was most impressed with the progress teachers are making with the Daily 5 implementation. All of the primary teachers were working hard to improve their practices, and they were open to suggestions and advice from the educational consultant. More importantly, I could see that their students are developing into highly successful, independent readers. It is clear that this hard work is going to pay off for our students. I was reminded of how dedicated our teachers are and how hard they work each and every day to master their craft. Keep up the great work, Campbell Court! I am looking forward to visiting again in the near future.