|MVHS Faculty showing their Warrior Spirit!|
I had the pleasure of speaking to the MVHS faculty this week to congratulate them on their successes from the 2014-2015 school year. Although final assessment results and accreditation ratings have not been officially released from the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), MVHS has a lot to celebrate. I shared the following highlights with the MVHS faculty this week:
- Based on preliminary assessment data, MVHS is expected to earn full accreditation for the 2015-2016 school year.
- MVHS passing rates for mathematics increased by approximately 12 points in one year, while still maintaining passing rates above 80% in all other core areas.
- The on-time graduation rate for MVHS increased from 90% to 90.4%, which is well above the on-time graduation rate for Virginia.
- African American students continue to show gains in English: Reading passing rates with an increase each year over the past two years.
- Hispanic and LEP students at MVHS earned a passing rate of 100% in English: Reading for the past two years.
It is important to note that these positive results are only realized through hard work and dedication on the part of staff and students at MVHS. I am proud of their accomplishments and I'm looking forward to even more successes this year. It is clear that the staff and students at MVHS have great pride in their school. They are indeed, "Warrior Strong!"