- Observed students participating in a lesson in the media center.
- Met with Mr. Boone to review data and discuss goals for Axton Elementary School.
- Met with parents to discuss how their child is adjusting so far this year.
- Visited several classrooms to observe high-quality teaching and learning taking place.
- Worked with students in a first grade and third grade classroom.
|Working with Students in Math|
I was impressed with both the students and staff at Axton Elementary. Students were working diligently to master essential skills, and teachers were working hard to actively engage students in learning. I saw lots of hands-on activities, positive teacher/student interaction, and effective technology use as I visited each classroom at Axton. I was also impressed with the high levels of student engagement, which was the result of highly engaging and relevant lessons. Great job, Eagles! I look forward to future visits to Axton Elementary!