Monday, September 28, 2015

Office Hours at Axton Elementary was a Success!

  
I had a great day at Axton Elementary School last week for my scheduled Superintendent Office Hours!  It was great to connect with students, staff, and parents as I spent the day at the school.  The list below includes some of my activities throughout the day:

  • Observed students participating in a lesson in the media center.
  • Met with Mr. Boone to review data and discuss goals for Axton Elementary School.
  • Met with parents to discuss how their child is adjusting so far this year.
  • Visited several classrooms to observe high-quality teaching and learning taking place.
  • Worked with students in a first grade and third grade classroom.
Working with Students in Math
I was impressed with both the students and staff at Axton Elementary.  Students were working diligently to master essential skills, and teachers were working hard to actively engage students in learning.  I saw lots of hands-on activities, positive teacher/student interaction, and effective technology use as I visited each classroom at Axton.  I was also impressed with the high levels of student engagement, which was the result of highly engaging and relevant lessons.  Great job, Eagles!  I look forward to future visits to Axton Elementary! 






No comments:

Post a Comment